miércoles, 8 de febrero de 2012

LOU

2011 finished with many expectations about either the end of the school year or simply to present their report card for the year to me and find out if they would be able to attend the next camp in Canete.

So many children like the teenagers came to Common Hope to leave their report cards so that I could see them and tell them if they could go to Camp.

We had two camps:  one for children and another for teenagers.  In each camp one of (our) campers was awarded “Best Camper” which gives the camper the right to attend “free” next year in 2013.

JANIS
Well, it appears our plan continues to work!  They are learning to value education because it opens doors for them.  They are better students AND have the opportunity to experience a week of sunshine and freedom.

It looks like we now have a “reputation” to continue as well….”best campers”  I am very proud of their efforts.

LOU
It’s true, perhaps in the children’s camp we couldn’t be the best in some sport because there was volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming and athletics.  But Rivaldo Maza won the “Best Camper” award.

I was at awards night and truthfully I thought that we would not win anything because this time there were children from El Buen Pastor the majority of whom had not gone to a camp before.  I resigned myself this time that no one would win but to my suprise Rivaldo won!

JANIS

Well, that’s wonderful for Rivaldo as a person as well as the group.  It is sometimes these “little things” that give a child confidence and self-esteem not found in their ordinary life.  And, he is assured of the chance to go to camp again…I just hope he continues to study!

LOU

Yes, I hope the same.

JANIS

We’ve had another successful camp year for the summer.  Everyone should feel good about their efforts.  And, I hope, in a small way the children who atended not only had fun experiences outside of their normal lives but also were able to feel the love of God.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario